Media Whore

"I only came here to do two things tonight, drink some beer and kick some ass...Looks like we're almost outta beer."

Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Some thoughts on the VMA’s…

**For one of the categories, Rock Song maybe, they started listing the nominees. First up is Hoobastank (emphasis on the “stank”) with The Reason. I find myself yelling at the TV “Geesh! I hate this song! Could it get any worse?” I had to ask. Next thing I know Evanescence is whining on my television. Ugh! People, I am begging you, please do not buy records by every no-talent flash-in-the-pan that pops up on TRL. PLLLEEAASSSEE!!!

**On the topic of Amy Lee, could someone please forward her stylist the memo that tank tops, minis, and Ugg Boots, which was a hideous look to begin with (Are you hot or cold? Make up your mind!), was soooo last season. Amy, please place this black bar over your eyes. Thank you.

**I realize that this is an election year and we are in a very politically charged time right now. I also realize the importance of voting and getting the word out there. I think that MTV is smart because they will reach a demographic that CNN may not. However, I just did not appreciate having the whole voting thing in my face for half the show (amen to your “vote or die” comment, D-Nice). I know the point they were trying to make by having the Bush and Kerry girls there, but they were really not who I turned in to see on the VMA’s. Maybe it’s just me.

**One of my favorite moments: Andre 3000 saying: “And again, for the millionth time, Hey Ya!” Classic. I never get sick of that song.

**Is it just me or is Usher smokin’ hot? Mmmm…Usher singing in the rain…Oh yeah, you take that wet shirt off and dance around. Slight problem with the day-glo floral suit, but when Usher dances, he dances just for me!

**Was he dissin’ JT or trying to make peace? I guess I didn’t get that. Either way, I am happy to volunteer to be the mediator between them (and when I say between, I mean between…Usher-JT sandwich anyone?).

**Perhaps I stand alone on this, but shut up, Gwen. And go away No Talent, I mean No Doubt. Please just stay home and have babies with Bush-whacked Gavin.

**Big Willie! Are you through your “Jada Pinkett” stage yet? I’m still waiting.

**Shaq standing on the stage next to No Doubt? F-ing funny! They looked like the Lollipop Kids standing next to him! Hee!

**Dave Chappelle? Rules, Bitches!

**I really enjoyed most of the performances, but thought that overall the show was a little drawn out and boring. Can someone please arrange a Rage Against the Machine reunion for next year? At least they brought controversy and excitement to the show!

1 Comments:

At August 31, 2004 at 12:05 PM, Blogger MomMega: mothersmilkblog.com said...

Cindy-Lou! Almost peed about the Lil Homies comment!! That is too true! LOL! And D-Nice...oh yeah, Ursher definitely makes my booty go "clap"! Classic!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home