Media Whore

"I only came here to do two things tonight, drink some beer and kick some ass...Looks like we're almost outta beer."

Friday, September 03, 2004

What? No TV!??!

So last night I didn't watch TV. Shocking, I know. Don't worry, I didn't do something good for me like go on a bike ride or volunteer for the elderly or sleep. Nope, I have a new love and it is in the form of Trivial Pursuit on Playstation. Ooooohh how I love thee!

Let me start off by saying that I love games, especially trivia games. I keep Trivial Pursuit and Cranium in my car at all times because you just never know when you can gather a group to play. I was very satisfied with the Jeopardy on Playstation. It was fun and challenging. The worst part is "buzzing" in to answer a question. Which for someone reason I am way too lame to do! But guess what? With TP on PS, there is no buzzing involved! Everyone gets to "roll" the dice and move their pieces.

So you are probably asking yourself: "Self, why would I want to play TP on PS when I can just play it the old fashioned way?" Excellent question! There are all kinds of surprises waiting for you with every roll of the dice! If you land on a space where another player is sitting, you trap them! They don't get a turn until you have moved off them. And if you answer the question and move right away, they still lose a turn! You can bet on whether or not a player will get the correct answer. The more points you earn, the more you can do. At 50 points, you can steal another players "wedge" or protect one of yours! You can land on spaces that will rotate the board, or allow you to move anywhere on the board you choose, or that are worth 3x the point value!

Being the extremely competitive person that I am, I love the fact that not only can you rely on your vast knowledge of the useless to get ahead, but you can also have your say in keeping your competitors down! Woo hoo! I just got a head rush!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home