Media Whore

"I only came here to do two things tonight, drink some beer and kick some ass...Looks like we're almost outta beer."

Tuesday, September 07, 2004

A Blockbuster Weekend

Seeing as how I have no friends that aren't currently in domestic bliss, I really didn't have a whole lot to do this weekend. So I rented movies. There are a buttload of movies that I have been wanting to see so I took this opportunity to rent what I wanted to watch. Finally!

The best movie that I rented was a little independent flick called Seeing Other People and stars Jay Mohr. Lauren Graham (Gilmore Girls) is in it, too and she plays such a bitch! She was probably one of the best things about this movie. It is about an engaged couple who decide that before they get married, they should sleep with other people. Of course some of it is predictable. But Julianne Nicholson is so adorable when she is telling Jay Mohr about her sexual conquests, that you just can't help but laugh. I really liked this movie and it was a great rental.

I also watched Swimming Pool. Eh. It held my interest, but I kept waiting for something to happen. And when it did, it felt very anti-climatic. And the end kinda threw me for a loop. I won't say what it was in case you haven't seen it and you would like to. But remember what I said: "Eh."

So I was probably the only person on the face of this earth that hadn't seen Monster, so I figured I better watch it. I can see why Charlize Theron won the Oscar for that role. It was a tough movie to watch and her character is so rough and dirty and sad...I found myself just gritting my teeth. I had to take a shower after watching it! But if anyone hasn't seen it, I think you should. I think you will be just as amazed at the story and acting as I was.

Since I had all that heavy stuff, I figured I better rent some "fluff" so I picked up 13 Going On 30. Why?!?! I don't even like Jennifer Garner. I am pretty sure she used to be a man. So please, just do yourself a favor and stay away from this movie. Unless you can just skip scenes and only watch the ones with Mark Ruffalo in them. He was the best part of the movie and even then, I would have to say it's just not worth it. In fact, turn the TV off and go read a book, you Slacker!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home