Media Whore

"I only came here to do two things tonight, drink some beer and kick some ass...Looks like we're almost outta beer."

Monday, September 20, 2004

The Emmyzzzzz

I don't get it. They try to limit the acceptance speeches to 40 seconds each and cut off people mid-sentence, yet how much time did they waste with the stupid, nonsensical Gary Shandling skits?!!? LAME! And by the way, was it just me or did anyone else think that Gary had MAC Lipglass on? Those lips were fuller and shinier than Jennifer Aniston's!

Also, Marlo Thomas accepting the award. Touching. Choking the Bob Hope statue, strangling it? Classic.

Who is Eileen Stritch? Am I missing something?

Poor Mariska Hargitay? I was a little embarrassed for her...

Anyway, kind of a lame show. A few good surprises, which I enjoyed. I was glad to see SJP and Cynthia Nixon won. Happy to see Michael Imperioli and Drea De Matteo win. Blah blah blah...

No dresses that I absolutely loved, lots that I cringed at.

Ummm...Myrna and Shmirna? Ewww...WTF? How did they get invited, did someone reset the timer on their 15 minutes? Doesn't matter, I guess because TAR won.


Mmmm...Phil in a suit with a sassy silver tie...mmmm...

'nuff said.

1 Comments:

At September 20, 2004 at 1:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought Gary was LAME! And, yes, his lips looked like two shiney pink slugs and come to rest on either side of his mouth. I wanted to punch him in the mouth (and I'm not a violent person, honest!).

Each year I watch these lame-ass shows and tell myself i will never again waste my Sunday evening on such over indulgent fodder. And each year, I'm caught saying the same f-ing thing! Damn it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home